Thursday, October 2, 2008

Sew sew sew sew sew

I'M ON VACATION!!!! WOO HOO!!! AND I feel like a girl again. Yes, the nails are painted. I went with Malaga Wine instead of Romeo and Joilet though because it was a brighter red. I guess that's neither here nor there.

Here's a little tip; when looking for something specific that you don't have much experience with like what cheese goes good with cabernet, ask the people behind the counter. These people are just chomping at the bit for someone to ask them something. You only need one question. They will then occupy your time for at least fifteen minutes and will fill your mouth will lots of samples. You'll also come away with a few catch-phrases or obscure information you can use to impress your friends. It works in places like Aveda too but there you have to be careful that you're dealing with an actual expert. They tend to stock their stores with graduates. Look for the people that are at least 35 years old.

So yesterday I followed this advice and scored a boatload of stuff from Aveda, MAC cosmetics, and Lunds. I may be near poor again but at least I'll look better and my tummy will be full.

I learned a bit of disturbing news yesterday morning. I have no cleanout pipe. I know, I was shocked and a bit frightened too. This means that my sewer line cannot be cleaned out. It also means that my hundred-year old house has, to my knowledge, never had it's sewer pipe cleaned out. Maybe I should just keep pouring sulfuric acid down my pipes after every shower...just to be on the safe side. I'm sure that wouldn't end badly.

Today's agenda includes a trip to S.R. Harris which is like a trip to LaLa Land. I can't drink coffee before I go there because I don't want to have to leave early. If you're not familiar, this is a warehouse the size of your average Rainbow or Cub Foods filled with material of all kinds, colors, sizes, and then there's the trim and the fur and the leather and -pant pant- brocades and interior design fabrics and -pant pant- did I mention the embroidered stuff? Don't worry, I'll have my phone with me in the event that I need assistance finding the exit.

Excuse me, but I need to exit now so that I can get back to my vacation.

No comments: