Wednesday, October 29, 2008

It's Time to Play the Music, It's Time to Light the Lights

So the North East is experiencing some flurries and a bit of wind? The Weather Channel is stating that it could be a historical snow storm? Can someone please give me a small fucking break? Three feet of snow on Halloween in Duluth (the Twin Cities only got 2.3 feet, pansies), with all the roads completely shut down unless you had a snowmobile (which most people did) and my '79 Camaro completely buried to the point where I had to walk forward slowly hoping I would eventually run into the hood, now THAT'S a snow storm. So shut your cake hole Jersey Shore.

I found the first three seasons of The Muppet Show on sale at Barnes & Noble so I have been awash in the bliss that is puppet sketch comedy. I've only gotten through 3/4 of season one, but so far Rita Moreno is in the lead for the best episode. Of course the "Fever" number with Animal is awesome enough to be a big hit on YouTube, but her opening number is phenomenal. It's a dance with a human wearing a muppet head which cuts to a life-size stuffed muppet she whips around over the bar, then goes back to the human, etc. The editing is really good but there are also points at which they couldn't edit so someone had to get the human dancer off and the stuffed muppet on before Rita danced her way back again. Really good stuff. Now it can get as cold as it wants, I've got Muppets to watch.

Cloris Leachman hit the bricks last night on Dancing With The Stars although she claims that she's not going to leave. They may have voted her off but she's not leaving. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I hope I can be like her when I grow up.

Time to go to argue/work.

2 comments:

Nikki said...

A Muppet News Flash...Pepe the King Prawn was on Craig Ferguson last night (YouTube has it, I think) he was promoting his new book, "It's Hard Out There For A Shrimp". Yep, I am going to Amazon.com ASAP!

Peggy Larson said...

OMG!!!!! Thanks!!! Now I have something to watch during lunch!