Thursday, October 16, 2008

Boo! Hee hee

Ah Thursday. Only one day away from Friday. I've always liked Thursdays because of the very fact that they're one day away from Friday. It's like a pre-preparation for the prepping you'll do on Friday for the weekend.

I received Nosferatu from Netflix yesterday. I love Netflix. You ask for something and they send it to you. Anyhoo, I was a little disappointed in the movie. The parts are wonderful but the whole is uneventful. The black and white, grainy film is creepy enough but the fact that Max Schreck, who by far is the creepiest monster ever because that's really him except for the fingers and a little makeup, is on that black and white grainy film is super creepy. Even Nina is creepy. The soundtrack is a full orchestra playing absolutely beautiful classical music but unfortunately, none of it matched up with the action on screen. The scary parts had light-hearted flute music playing over them which made it seem comical. At the end, I thought the whole thing was rather cute instead of terrifying. Max Schreck actually looks like what my grandmother would look like if she shaved her head and was very surprised (his eyes were popping out through the whole film).

My day job is shaping up to go through another major change. I've just gotten word that the director of my unit is leaving that position and moving to another unit. This is a prime example of how sometimes you just have to let the bad stuff play out because it will bring a change at the end of it which may seem bad at first but will be good in the long run. It's needed. I have strong loyalties to my director because I worked with her in my old college and I think she's very good at her job. She's been miserable here though for some time so it's a good change for her.

This hasn't been officially announced yet, that'll happen next Tuesday. Until that time, I will no longer abide by procedures I feel are convoluted and instead do things the way I can clearly see are more efficient. Arrogant? Yes. Fed up? Yup. Maverick? Oooooo! Sarah Palin look the hell out, there's a new maverick in town! You know, I used to like that word, maverick. No longer. In fact I hate it. Too bad, it's a cool word.

So, is anyone interested in getting some maple for their fireplace and have a chainsaw? I'd like to cut my two enormous trunks down a bit. If so, let me know.

No comments: