Friday, October 3, 2008

DON'T Say it, I don't want to hear it

I finally realized who Sara Palin reminds me of...the former dean of CEHD, Darlyne Bailey. Darlyne was the former president of Columbia Teachers College and left a position at a prestigious college where she was president of the ENTIRE PLACE to become a dean at a not-so-prestigious unit within the University of Minnesota. Everyone loved Darlyne the moment she arrived because she had "spunk" and "personality". What she really had was the ability to look and sound completely insincere when talking to you almost like a nurse talking to a mental patient trying to convince them that the little spongy things won't hurt much when pressed to the sides of their temples.



I haven't listened to any commentary on the debates yet. I really don't want to hear it. The policital pundits will continue to not voice anything close to my opinion. Sara Palin's demeaner was condensending and anyone who thinks she is one of them should be offended that Palin and her possy think the only way to win American's votes is to speak in what they think is the appropriate lingo. Yes, let's send her overseas to deal with anyone from a foreign nation and see how long it takes them to bomb us.



I can't remember who I've heard say this in the past but I completely agree that the positions of President and Vice President need to be good speakers. They need to be the best in the nation. They must represent what a proper speech is to us and the world. Sure there are a few other qualifications for the position but presenting an image that American's can be proud of, can gain motivation from and look to for inspiration is extremely important. What other position or person is there to unite our nation? There may be religious leaders but I'm not religious. I want someone I can look to with a source of pride and I haven't seen that since....since...um...help, anyone? Nader may not be very good at reading a written speech but he's really exciting to listen to when answering questions off the cuff. He's brilliant. I love listening to him answer anything. What time is it? What's your favorite color? Anything, ask him anything. THAT's inspirational to me. Someone who knows their material, their facts, has done the research and eats, sleeps and breathes it, there's nothing better than that.



I still miss people terribly. I only really need two days of relaxation before I want to get back into society and be surrounded by people. I'll even accept people standing really close to me. Can we all do the muppet dance again? I loved the muppet dance.



I need to go occupy my mind with something else.

No comments: