Monday, October 27, 2008

Monday already?

There's finally a reason to watch CNN...for D.L. Hughley. He has a new show on Sunday nights called "D.L. Hughley Breaks the News" and although most of the content was on the election, we did learn from the international correspondents that India doesn't give a rats ass about our elections because they just sent someone into space and they won a big cricket match.

I had a rather nice weekend although it seemed too short. This means that I've reached the saturation point with relaxation and need to cram more things into the weekend. I'm still on the hunt for a part-time job but I must admit, I haven't been trying all that hard lately. Now I'm going to step it up again because places are hiring for the holiday season. I want to try to get into one of those places and earn at least a few bucks before they realize they don't need any extra help due to the economy.

I finally attended a Villification Tennis show at the BLB Saturday night which was a great show and where Linda did a good job although she REFUSES TO BELIEVE IT!!! The show included a segment of Rik Reppe storytelling. I love this man. I could listen to him for hours. He can tell a story unlike anyone you've ever heard before. No one can touch him. He's a part of the Rockstar Storytellers group that also performs at the BLB once a month (?) and has a performance this Tuesday.

While I would love to see Reppe again on Tuesday, I can't swing the $12 to get in because I'm putting myself back on the Spartan budget plan. I've decided that I really like heat so I'd rather pay for that. Instead, I may try to catch a Six Ring show at the BNW which I haven't seen for quite awhile. Only $1, plenty left over for heat.

Speaking of heat, I love this weather. I really loved it yesterday. I was out in it for a little while and it felt really good to come back inside. That kind of weather gives you a reason to come back inside and get all cuddly. I appreciate it more. I know, I'm weird. I'm also irritated that the word "weird" doesn't follow the "i before e except after c" rule.

3 comments:

Scrappy said...

If you can swing $6, call the Bryant Lake Bowl today at 612-825-8949 and give them the code word "ROCKSTARS" for two tickets for the price of one!

The lineup for Tuesday night is Mike Fotis, Allegra Lingo, Dave Mondy, Amy Salloway, Ben San Del, and Joseph Scrimshaw. Hosted by Courtney McLean

From,
Your Friendly Neighborhood Rockstars

Ryan said...

Now I know why I've never liked it when people call me weird. It's the spelling.

Peggy Larson said...

Well thank you very much Friendly Nieghborhood Rockstars! You're quite helpful as well as entertaining, a double whammy.