Thursday, October 9, 2008

I'll Go To A Meeting For Good Coffee

I have a meeting over on the St. Paul campus this morning. This is great news because it means I get to have coffee from Lori's Coffee House. Lori's makes the best coffee anywhere. Lori isn't actually there anymore, I think she's in Budapest. She sold it to a guy I've known since 1999 and I still don't know his name. He's extremely friendly and remembers what I drink no matter how long it's been since the last time I was there. He's done so well with it that he's bought the whole building and leases the apartments upstairs. There are three other units on the ground floor two of which he's turned into a Middle Eastern cafe called Mim's Cafe and you might think that his name is Mim but it's not. I don't know who Mim is. Best falafel's in the city.

I watched Batman Begins last night. Holy crap what a good movie. There are a ton of people in it too, as in really good people like Morgan Freeman, Michael Caine, Ken Watanabe, Liam Neeson, Rutger Hauer and Gary Oldman. I've heard that Gary Oldman is completely crazy but good god can that man act. It was by far the best Batman movie except that I haven't seen the newest one with that one dead guy yet.

I want to have a fire in my Target fire pit and I want people to sit around it with me. What are you doing this weekend?

No comments: