Monday, October 6, 2008

Welcome Back Kotter

I have returned. Alert the media. I have hanged (hung? No, hanged) the red fan in my office and have organized my instant cash slips by date so I can balance my checkbook. This task will be much faster now that I'm back to my ergonomic keyboard. I love my ergonomic keyboard. My wrists love it too.

I took my laptop home over my vacation and now that I've plugged it back in to my dock, it's been slow-going this morning. I don't know why that is. It always makes me paranoid. Did the U install some type of monitoring device so that they can now track all of my keystrokes and know that I am curiously searching through pages of belly dancing costuming which may be mistaken for me being a perv? Maybe if I mix it up with the New York Times webpage they'll think I'm just diversifying my cultural awareness. I don't know how the New York Times would fit into that but it may make me seem learned. Either that or my computer is synchronizing all of my files with the network which I've been away from for a week. I don't know. I know nothing about computers other than how to turn them on and then type really fast with an ergonomic keyboard.

I am determined not to let all of the emails, phone calls, and desperate pleas for help deter me from accomplishing things today. I will not be swayed by doe-eyed administrators asking me to do their stuff first. It's all going in order. First come, first serve with blog writing being the first thing to accomplish.

Boy what a difference a week makes. It's now dark the entire time I walk to work. When does that wonderful day arrive where we all get one extra hour of sleep? I love that day. I also love all of the leaves falling right now knowing that I won't have to rake my yard because I have no leaf-falling tree anymore.

I was just reminded of how joyous it is to have to share a bathroom with everyone on your floor...a bathroom with no fan.

I have to go now and get caught up on my emails and re prioritize my Netflix queue.

No comments: