Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Get Off My Island

I've just gotten word last night that Minneapolis is not suffering from recession so I'm constructing a mote to keep you losers out. I already have the river on the side closest to me so only three sides to go. Yes, a square mote. With ramparts.

I actually had to don a scarf this morning and kept it on the entire duration of my walk to work. I don't view that as a bad thing. I love winter so this is just a gentle reminder that snow is on it's way.

Back in March when I had first heard that our chart of account strings were changing from seven digits to anywhere from fourteen to thirty-something, I thought there was no way in hell to ever learn what all of those fucking numbers meant. I can now read them like they were text so this proves that anything is possible. 1701-11182-20280-UMF0005216-2731156 means that this is a restricted nonsponsored account for a professor in CEHD's Dean's Office that is used to pay Admin. Fellows funded specifically by an endowment account. Cool huh? Just when you think you're too old to learn something. I can also stand on my head.

It's been ten days since my neighbor's abandoned house caught on fire and no one from his family has been over to see it yet. What happens to houses in a situation like that? Does the bank have to now take back a house that is uninhabitable? I'm not anticipating any tellers coming over soon to rake. Whatever does happen, I'm sure it won't happen over night. I feel bad for the son. His family had a chance to try and sell the house and put the proceeds into an account for him but now he has nothing. Way to go, family. Is that comma in the right place?

Well, on to the day's tragedies and triumphs.

No comments: