Wednesday, May 14, 2008

So that happened...

So I'm running out the door this morning already 15 minutes late and am stopped by my neighbor's sister who asks if my mom is home. You've guessed correctly, that stopped me in my tracks. It appears that my neighbor, Kevin, died at work on Saturday and his family is now over at his house trying to do those things you have to do when someone dies. Kevin's home security system is going off and no one seems to know how to shut it off. I suppose the security companies aren't going to fall for the excuse that "The owner died. No really, he's dead. Can you please turn this damn thing off?". His sister knew the previous owner of my house who was an older woman so that's why she thought I may be her daughter.

Kevin's sister is a very religious woman and under the circumstances, I wasn't about to cut her off as she was giving me her testimonial. You know what a testimonial is, right? I nodded when she asked me that question although I probably wouldn't be able to give a very clear definition. It's a re-telling of something traumatic that has happened to you which caused you to either see, hear, or feel god. She was telling me about her own medical problems which led to the first god experience. That led into the last couple of days in which Kevin is now working side by side with the big man to remove all the obstacles that are being placed in her way, except for turning off the damn alarm. This was no time to reveal the fact that I think all of that is a bunch of crap, so I just listened intently and nodded. Death sucks for the living so I didn't want to make anything worse for her. Plus, she may have had a point because as I was then power-walking to work to avoid being late, Annette aka Loretta pulled up and gave me a ride. Perhaps that was Kevin removing the obstacle that his sister created so I wouldn't get a mark on my attendance record.

So.....I won't have any more partakers of illegal substances dropping by at all hours of the night or ogling me as I mow my lawn. Then again, a new set of dealers could move in that will bring their own set of partakers. Hopefully it'll be a quiet summer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.