Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Attention Please

NEWS ALERT****Marvin Gaye is the subject of tonight's American Masters episode on PBS so if you want to get lucky, tune in. While I won't be getting lucky, I will still be tuning in so don't call me between 9 - 10pm.

Directly before Marvin, there will be a Secrets of the Dead episode on the past East German practice of doping their Olympic athletes. The trailer states that the show will review "the impact such practices may have had on the athletes". Hmm, if the show is called Secrets of the Dead, I think I may know what the impact was/is. I'm not sure that I'd be comfortable being on a show with a title like that. It's as if everyone else knows something you don't.

This is the time of year when I start to get my years mixed up. It's budget entry time at work which means I'll be working on fiscal year '09 stuff which starts in July of '08. People also start mentioning things about "next year" but they mean fiscal year '10 which will probably be too much for my brain to handle causing me to incorrectly date my checks at the grocery store.

Speaking of money, it's also book-buyback time at the U so I'm going to go now to hopefully get a tidy sum for the books I didn't use for the class I canceled this semester. If it turns out well, it means I'll get to see the Punch Out! shows AND the Vilification Tennis show AND Rockstar Storytellers AND the Neutrino project (I finally spelled that right). Wish me luck.

No comments: