Friday, May 16, 2008

En Garde!

It's going to be an unbelievably gorgeous day today and I'm "under the weather" as it were. This bites. Why couldn't this have happened on Monday? This really bites.

Anyhoo, I started rehearsals on the fight scene that Missy Iverson and I are doing this year at fest. David Schneider is gracious enough to choreograph for us and he's also a damn fine drill sergeant, by that I mean that he took us through the basics which I've only had a few classes on so I really got a lot out of last night's activities.

We were over near the St. Paul campus since there's not a lot of traffic or people to point and gawk, and it's a nice mid-point location for us all. At one point, an oriole and a gold finch were duking it out in the air and their flight plan ran right past my head. I mean right past my head to the degree that one of them brushed my hair. From David's angle, it looked like the birds came flying out of my head. I don't know which was more entertaining; having my hair brushed by a bird or watching David's reaction. Don't fuck with me, I'll shoot a bird at you.

I'm going to stay in and be a good girl tonight in the hopes that I'll feel well enough to kayak tomorrow. Cross your fingers for me, won't you?

No comments: