Thursday, May 15, 2008

I Get What??!!

So Iron Man is taking over the world, Indiana Jones will be sweeping across the nation soon, the kiddies get a new Narnia and the "blockbuster of the year for women" (as quoted last night on TV) is Sex in the City??!!! Someone please tell me this is a huge joke. Have you ever seen that show? I haven't. Not a complete episode. I've tried several times but like similar attempts at The Scorpion King, it was to no avail.

Buiesjrlijah iselrthalshl, sorry, I was trying to write but The Cat was insistent on laying on my tummy.

America's Next Top Model wrapped up last night. I'm getting sick of Tyra turning every white girl into a Billy-Idol-white blond. It doesn't go well with their skin tone. In honor of Whitney, the "full figured" model making it to the finals, I pigged out on chips and french onion dip.

The highlight was definitely the Versace runway show. The thing about designer clothes is that they fit you in a way that you never thought clothing could ever fit you, they're made from the finest material and they last forever. You feel incredible wearing them. Shallow? Yes. Well, wait, only shallow if you live in them. Worn every now and then is just fine. I have a Ralph Lauren skirt that I always wear around the holidays. That doesn't make me shallow right? The constant hair adjustment-lip gloss check makes me shallow. Oh, and always swinging the conversation around to me makes me shallow too. Perhaps refusing to listen to anything else going on around me would make me shallow also. Hmmm, there are so many things.

With everyone coming back from, going on, or already on vacation and with the temps threatening to stay in the 70's for longer than 10 minutes this weekend, I am joining the ranks of the vacationing by taking out a loan to fill up the gas tank and heading out to kayak the St. Croix river. My deltoids and obliques will thank me someday, but it won't be this weekend.

If I had no limitation, my vacation would start in Fiji to unwind, swing up to Cambodia to view some old Angkor stuff, trek over to Samos being that it's the best Greek island (my college Humanities prof told me so) then zip down to Egypt to pick up a few Isis wings for cheap and a few dance moves, then back over to end in Tahiti for even more dance moves and maybe a few tattoos. Or maybe a man with a few tattoos. All I need now is massive amounts of frequent flyer miles, time and money. Shouldn't be a problem.

No comments: