Thursday, August 7, 2008

Shh, no speaking

I have an invoice for two cadavers. Not everyone can say that. There's an anatomy class that uses them. They cost a little over $500 each. Something to keep in mind in case you're thinking of donating your body after your death. If you think you're worth more than $500 you may be disappointed but then again, you'll be dead.

My neighbors have quieted down quite a bit. It's the house where Kevin used to live until he had a heart attack at work and keeled over. His nephew moved in while the rest of the family worked towards selling the house. The nephew is a nice enough guy, he just likes to crank up the stereo starting at 11pm on a week night. This has prevented me from being able to have an open window while I sleep. I like the breeze. That's all changed now because mama has stopped over and brought her aunt with from North Carolina. Great Aunt apparently does not appreciate loud music or late nights so the lights (and everything else) has been off by 9pm. Ahhh, silence. I'm an old person trapped in a middle-aged person's body.

On the other side of my house, the little 2-yr old has been practicing her stage projection for most of the summer. This little girl has quite the set of lungs on her. She went into a tirade yesterday evening for about 30 minutes. This is what children do and I realize this, but I think what may help the situation is to PUT THE KID TO BED BEFORE 9PM!!!!!!!! This little girl is up well into the 10pm hour almost nightly. No wonder she's cranky during the day. I get cranky during the day too if I'm up too late (old person in middle-aged person's body).

Dress Press is this evening, that lovely annual event where performers get a little warm-up before the big event to what is theoretically supposed to be the media but ends up being mostly friends and family of people who are connected. I don't care who they are. I've never had a problem with any of them so...bring 'em on. It's also nice to play on the grass while there's actually grass there. See, about two weekends into the season the grass disappears.

Speaking of grass, I didn't mow mine yesterday. It's actually green right now so I'm reveling in the color. I'm afraid that if I make that cut, it'll turn yellow again. Oh well, there's always next summer.

Speaking of summer, does it seem like this summer's temperatures feel hotter than they are? I remember over the last several years where the temp's have been in the '90s on a regular basis and I managed to get used to it. This year, they've only crept into the low '90s for maybe 5 minutes yet I find myself uncomfortable with the heat. Oh I forgot, old person in middle-aged person's body.

Speaking of forgetting, what was I going to say?

Speaking of saying, I'm getting sick of speaking now so I'm going to end this and bop over to my new addiction so try and come up with a witty status.

No comments: