Friday, August 29, 2008

Delta Force Cat Strikes Again!

Yes, Delta Force Cat completed another mission last night but I must say, he was less like Chuck Norris and a little more like...um...like...a cat toying with a mouse. He caught and then un-caught and then caught the mouse for TWO AND A HALF HOURS before finally eating him quite loudly. I think he chews with his mouth open.

That makes three mice in seven months which may sound like a nice record to some but not to me. I intend on coating the entire structure with foam insulate. Then I'm going to replace my entire flooring with marble and add cement walls. That should also reduce the possibility of a house fire so perhaps I could get a discount on my hazard insurance.

The three-day weekend is upon us and my plans are to get 150 people drunk and probably sweat profusely while doing it. It sounds like it's going to be a bit of a hot one. That's fine. I have a shower. I'm sure everyone else is thankful that I have a shower too. Perhaps some of you will take this weekend to tend to your yards. I haven't tended to mine in a couple of weeks now. It looks like the Munster's back yard. I have four hanging baskets of dead flowers, strings of morning glories with no flowers because they grew too late in the season and won't have time to bloom, stalks of gladiolus' with no flowers because they grew too late in the season and won't have time to bloom, one big sunflower with no sunflower on it because the squirrels chewed into the side of it and it's head is now droopy and wilted, and patches of the grass are longer than other patches. My climbing rose is still doing well though.

I've finally received the DVD of Gypsy Caravan from Netflix after waiting three months for it's release. It's a documentary about a six week tour of four or five different musical groups all from different countries yet the one thing they all have in common are that they are Romani, or Gypsies. The music is really good. There's one famous violist who can play without a bow, he ties a string and plays it across the other strings. It ends up sounding kind of East Indian. Did you know that the collective term for gypsy is Roma? I think I detect a slight character change coming.

No comments: