Thursday, August 28, 2008

Accomplishments

Instead of preparing for a 9am meeting, I've chosen to write this because I need one thing in my day that I can start and complete besides peeing.

Does anyone want to take any bets on if Tim Pawlenty is called this afternoon by McCain to be his VP, that we'll all know about it before tomorrow? How do you keep a phone call like that secret? Did Tim give McCain his cell phone number? Is Tim going to be able to not jump up and down like a little kid if he gets the call? "What? I got it?? Woo hoo!! I mean, um, sure honey...roast beef would be fine for dinner."

The U has sent out a mass email alerting us to the possible traffic nightmare that could occur next week due to classes starting at the same time as the RNC. I'm walking to work. There's no way my car is even going to be taken out of the garage next week. I live relatively close to the grocery store, I'll be fine. I still want to take a beach chair down to the Xcel Center to watch the hubbub. I might even get to see a protester get battered. Woohoo for freedom of speech.

Okay, time to head over to the HR Manager's office to hear what type of reporting needs she has only to tell her that I won't be able to provide it for some time. Ah, technology.

No comments: