Sunday, July 20, 2008

Sunday....finally

I need a shower and a comfy bed. I got a comfy bed last night and was so tired that I didn't even budge when the noisy neighbors kept moving their party out to the front lawn every now and then which is right by my bedroom window.

I did a marathon session of getting mom's house cleaned and everything fixed before she comes home this morning. She had started taking the kitchen sink plumbing apart on Wednesday as she getting into her seizure episode. Being in a state of confusion, all she managed to do was to dismantle the pipes leading to the trap and the dishwasher hose. The doors were off of the cabinet and all the cleaning supplies were sitting on the floor. She also clamped a big monkey wrench onto one pipe for no apparent reason but that's what happens during her seizures. I thought I might be able to get a family-friend plumber over on Saturday to fix it but that didn't happen so I had to call Uncle Jerry again to fix it. He had offered before but I turned him down because he had done so much already and I hated adding to that tab. He did come over though and it took three hours to get everything fixed. The dishwasher hose kept leaking because it didn't fit snug to the drain pipe so we needed more clamps. After two trips to Home Depot for parts and some fuses since a fuse blew in the kitchen and mom didn't have any new ones laying around, the pipes were completed with no leaking and the fuses were replaced. Some lights still don't work but I think the bulbs need to be replaced now.

I scrubbed the floors, vacuumed, did the laundry, cleaned the bathroom and kitchen, and after pipe-fixing was complete, did the dishes. Mom gets to come home to a clean house that doesn't smell like urine anymore. She doesn't get a completed toilet yet though. The lid and rim had to be taken off to get dad's handicapped contraption to fit over the toilet. I took all that stuff off and wanted to return the toilet to normal but couldn't find the lid and rim anywhere. My mom has an ungodly amount of stuff in that house and every last item has a place. The only issue with this is that my mom is the only one to know what those places are. I scoured the house looking for the toilet parts but couldn't find them. When I got back to the hospital last night to report in, mom said it's in the basement and she knows exactly where they are. Go figure.

Things are now wrapping up on this episode; the neighbors and family have all been called with the final report, invalids are either in homes with their stuff or in the hospital waiting to be picked up, homes are cleaned (except for my own which will get it this afternoon), and dogs have been fed and walked.

So...what's up with this Stare Down improv thing and how did the Fotis preview go? Did the Twins win? Not that I care but I like to be abreast of current news items. Is there a write-up yet on the new BNW show? Did Obama or McCain do anything stupid that is in the news yet? Did anyone associated with Obama or McCain do anything stupid that is in the news yet? I still have to finish that goddamn bodice.

No comments: