Wednesday, July 16, 2008

I'll need mocha with that please

I think the coffee guy forgot to put the mocha in my iced mocha. Now my whole day is ruined.

I was little Miss Productive last night to the point that I forgot to go to the neighborhood meeting about the proposed ghetto unit at the end of my block. Maybe 'ghetto' is a bit harsh but I have no mocha in my iced mocha and cold-hearted bitchness is the result.

I'm back in the poor house again so I've nixed the rest of the classes I was going to take for the summer so that I can afford the performance series that the lovely Ms. Kennedy is teaching starting in August. I believe that this is going to be very good for me although I'll be scared shitless by the end when it comes time to actually perform. Right now though, I'm quite excited and have found a drum solo I'd like to use. It's five minutes long which is long for a performance of someone classified in the intermediate range. We'll see. Actually, I'll see and you won't because I'm not going to tell you when I perform. It's enough that I'm telling you that I'm doing it, you don't actually get to see it.

I watched another David Cronenberg movie last night, A History of Violence, and wasn't impressed at all. In fact, I was quite disappointed. The story is adapted from a graphic novel and hopefully the novel reads better than the movie because ceeehrist these characters are stupid. The Barney Phife of the small town claims that he has to know if the main character, Tom, is in a witness protection program. If Tom tells you then Tom will die...or at least have to move again. Tom's wife, while being a lawyer, can't seem to control her emotions or bodily functions by crying at the drop of a hat and puking at important breakthroughs, sometimes doing both at the same time. Adding to the list of moronic moves, two mob guys make the stupidest moves in the history of stupid moves and I couldn't help but wonder how they had risen through the ranks of mobdom by being that stupid. It was a waste of a Netflix choice. I can't remember what I have coming next but anything's gotta be better than this crap. I feel confident in saying that because I know that I don't have The Scorpion King on my list and in all my years of movie watching, that's the only movie I haven't made it all the way through.

Iron Man is playing at the Riverview theater which has the best popcorn in any movie theater ever and has cheap seats. I may get to see a movie in a real-live movie theater after all this summer. It's also within walking distance. I'm so economical it's a wonder I've gotten myself into the poor house to begin with. Oh yeah, impulsive spending, that's what did it.

Work beckons...see ya.

No comments: