Monday, July 7, 2008

Back to the grind

So I had typed out this nice blog yesterday at home because I was so surprised that I could get a connection so quickly and I was foiled again...just as I was about to post BAM! gone, offline, no more internets. Tease.

Part of the blog was about how happy I was to report that The Cat captured and partially devoured his first mouse while living in my home. I was slightly woken up either late Thursday night or early Friday morning to the sounds of Louie running up and down the house. He does this occasionally when he suddenly gets a wild hair up his butt and plays with a toy, or when he's out of food and somehow thinks running around will get him more. This time it was a bit different. It seemed more intense but I didn't hear any squeaks of terror so I assumed he was either really playing or really hungry. I awoke Friday morning to find a mouse rump roast on my carpet. Apparently Louie doesn't like that cut. I was happy to see that he didn't try to bring it to me as a token of love or a token of showing off which some cats do. Now I can rest assured knowing that my little killer will get anything with a tail skinnier than his own.

Yesterday was a bit warm. As I was sitting outside with only one layer of clothing on, I tried to picture doing this with three layers of clothing on when fest rolls around. It wasn't a pleasant thought. As long as I have ice to stick down the bodice I'll be fine. Geez, I gotta finish that bodice.

Time to get back to work to have the life sucked out of me much like my earnings are being sucked from me. Ever feel like you're just not ever going to get ahead?

2 comments:

Ryan said...

So how long will it be 'till you let the cat lick your face?

Peggy Larson said...

The Cat does not lick The Face. No no no no no no no