Thursday, July 24, 2008

Do I Have To Have A Creative Title?

Ever argue with a brick wall? Is it possible to win that argument? I have to practice before next Tuesday when the "care conference" is held to try and convince my dad to move out of his temporary room to a long-term room. He was asked to do this yesterday and refused. He can refuse to do this but it's only delaying the inevitable.

When I got the call from the Social Worker, I could actually feel my blood pressure rising, or maybe it was the blood draining from my head, I'm not sure but I definitely had a physical reaction. After a few moments of processing, I made some calls and did a little digging to find out that the nursing home cannot release him to an unsafe environment, which is what my parents' home currently is. If by chance this does happen, I would call Adult Protection Services who would then have to report it and call 911 to have an ambulance transport him to a safe environment which is the nursing home. This expense will just eat away his annuity and waste a lot of time. If that's how he wants to do it though, I'm willing. During one of his fits of anger, he told my mom he wanted a divorce. I told her to take him up on it. Nice way out. I'm sick of writing about this.

I've finally found a good cause for my powers of creative accounting. There are a number of employees whose id#'s didn't convert to the new system which is preventing them from being reimbursed. A number of graduate students are on this list. To circumvent this predicament, I've discovered another route the reimbursement can take on it's way back to the owner's pocketbook. It follows the policies it just follows a more complicated paper trail to get there. These poor students (literally) can't wait more than a month to get that big chunk of change back. If it were $50, it wouldn't be worth it but the balances are up close to $1K.

The Good Shepard went back uncompleted because I just don't feel like watching it now. It'll get back in the line up for another try. I can't remember what I have coming next. This is kind of fun. I'm going to purposely not check anymore so I can be surprised every few days. I hope I like what I picked. It case I've lost you, I'm referring to my Netflix queue.

I'm tired. I'm going to go invent new ways of giving people money.

2 comments:

Ryan said...

I'll bet if you dig a little further, you'll find a way to aggregate all those half cents into your own private retirement account.

Peggy Larson said...

Shhhhhhhh...