Friday, July 11, 2008

Eastern Sleeping Promises Marathon

I love sleeping with thunderstorms. I'm confident that you know what I mean. Even with that last night though, I'm still having problems sleeping. That'll have to get fixed pronto.

Movie faith is restored a bit after watching Eastern Promises last night. If you've seen this, you may be thinking "Of course a woman would like seeing this movie" because of a particular fight scene in a bath house but I'd like to point out that while a naked man is usually a good thing, it doesn't get particularly exciting unless he's happy to see you. That being said, I did really enjoy the fight scene because I thought it was well executed for a semi-unarmed fight while the lead had to also concentrate on placing his hand in strategic places while facing the camera.

In the event that you have nothing to do between 10pm Saturday night all the way through until 10pm Sunday night, go down to the Brave New Workshop where I've suddenly learned that there will be an improv marathon held for Gilda's Club Twin Cities. Now you get to see improv and do something for society. I might just head down at 6am on Sunday because when will I ever get a chance to do that again?

There's four weekends left before the Renaissance starts so I've created my annual list of stuff I want done before winter. Once the faire is over in October, I'm too beat to want to get anything done on the weekends so now's the time. If I could figure out how to shake the leaves off of the trees and get them raked now that would be ideal but, alas, that's not to be.

No comments: