Tuesday, July 15, 2008

I'll Tell You What I'll Do After These Messages

I will say now that I am not running for Senate...but I have until 5:00pm to change my mind...just so you know...I'm not but I might. There, now that that's out of the way, on to other things.

After work I'll be going out to buy a copy of the New Yorker and also pick up one of those short lawn chairs. You know the kind, the ones that you use on the beach. One of those and maybe a little umbrella. I'm going to head down to St. Paul and pick a spot on the sidewalk facing the Xcel Center far enough away to not accidentally get arrested in the brouhaha but still able to take the whole panorama in. I'll also have fruity drinks. Non-alcoholic fruity drinks because mixing me with alcohol and a Republican National Convention is just asking for trouble. Don't worry, I'll wait until Sept. 1st before heading down there.

I've decided that The Cat needs to have his food intake monitored more closely. Me thinks he's taking advantage of the always-full food dish and this is starting to affect his physique. During the night, it is his usual routine to jump back and forth between my bedroom window and the living room window. His thumps as he hits the floor are getting louder and louder. They actually woke me up last night. Cats are supposed to be agile and quiet. I've also noticed an increase in the pressure applied by his paw as he walks across me. If it was just one paw, it might not be so bad but all cat owners are aware of the fact that when one paw hits you on the way across your body, a second back paw will hit in the exact same spot. It's uncanny how they can do that without looking.

Tonight, there is a neighborhood meeting about an MPHA low income/section 8 housing unit proposed for a site where an auto body shop blew up two weeks before I moved in. Since I haven't done anything neighborhoody yet, I should go. I must admit I'm a bit torn. On one hand, it's a great neighborhood and to be directly across from the park and directly on the bus route is a great place for a housing unit but I've always been told that those housing units drop the property values and sometimes raise the taxes, which doesn't make sense that the value would drop but the tax would rise....does that make sense? I have some research to do today.

No comments: