Friday, November 28, 2008

That's It??!!

Holy crap, I actually went out shopping today. I had a gift card from my credit card company - you know, those bonus points - for which I also used my credit card when the total went slightly over what the gift card was so this way, I can accumulate more points for another card. Makes sense, right? Totally.

The Starbucks employees are striking by the MOA because they say they're not paid good wages. Everyone wants more money. If you get more money, it means that I now have to take out a loan to get a Ho-Ho Mocha. Wait, that's Caribou. Whatever.

Turkey day was okay. My food turned out damn near perfectly (you don't want things absolutely perfectly because then they don't look like they were made by humans) except that mom didn't make it over until 2:30pm. After getting home from the nursing home on Wednesday, my dad promptly fell in the bathroom and hurt his ankle. It had swollen up to an incredible size on Thursday so the nurse came over, did an assessment and determined that he has six disabilities for which mom can not care for. The X-ray machine was then brought to the house and carted off again to be developed and analyzed at some medical facility. Meanwhile, mom stopped in for food. We had about 45 minutes of enjoyment before the nurse called back and said he had indeed broken his ankle and he would need to be brought into the emergency room. Mom rushed off home to get him hauled into an ambulance then sat for four hours in the emergency room after which it was determined that he could not go home. FINALLY someone in authority decides he cannot be at home because it's unsafe for him. He was carted off to Providence Place again where he sat in misery because he's a miserable person. Anyhoo, Turkey Day came and went in about 45 minutes. Luckily mom left the bottle of white merlot which I was kind enough to polish off for her.

On to christmas.

No comments: