Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Almost There

This week is all about coffee and cars. I wouldn't be anywhere without them.

I'm all about getting from point A to point B, rarely do I concern myself with the journey. This character trait helps me to get to Potbelly's for lunch and back within 20 minutes but is a hindrance this week. I have every dish written out with notes on when I can prep things so I don't have to do everything on Thursday. Some things could be done on Sunday, Monday and Wednesday. Nothing can be done on Tuesday because it's either one day too long for something to chill or it's not enough time for something to set. So here I am today, looking back at my list every few minutes, checking to see if maybe there really is something I can do today. I then sigh, put the list down, check the calendar to make sure that it isn't Wednesday yet, and then slowly make myself realize that I'm just going to have to....(ugh) wait...for...Wednesday. I'll read through the Calvin and Hobbes daily cartoon website back to August 2005 to take my mind off of it.

Dad's coming home on Wednesday and I'd love to launch into a tirade about how the health care system sets you up to believe that if you pay for insurance your whole damn life that you'll be covered and oh don't forget we have the lovely Medicare system that pays for everything except that you have to have a 3-day qualifying hospital stay in order for Medicare to kick in and even though you were in the hospital and we discharged you one hour before your qualifying third day you still had to go to a nursing home because you're that incapacitated but we'll make sure that you're family knows that they can never tell you what you have to do but in the very next breath we're going to tell them that they have to come and pick you up and then to top it off we're only going to give them maybe a day's notice to do so. As much as I'd love to launch into that tirade, I won't.

I had dinner with mom over the weekend. She got her new couch. She was explaining to me that it was burgundy but it's a different color burgundy than the first one she looked at. Really? Different color burgundy huh? Don't give me any crap about poking fun at my mother, sometimes she's a really easy target.

I just checked the list again. It's still not Wednesday.

No comments: