Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Let's Tie One On

You know what's great about waffles? Besides the fact that they're waffles and usually nothing more needs to be said? You can make a whole mess of them at once and they'll keep beautifully in the fridge for days. Maybe a nice big plate of warm waffles would help the current senate situation. I don't know how but it wouldn't hurt.

So Sara Palin is now being interviewed in her kitchen while she whips together a chicken salad or a side of moose or whatever it is she cooks. Ooooo, she can wash her hands and talk about energy options at the same time. One clip shows her counting off on her fingers "coal, natural gas, oil..." don't get these mixed up with the eggs and milk. Wouldn't it be funny if she left the refrigerator door open at the same time? That tends to happen when you're in the middle of a culinary masterpiece and you need an onion...and then maybe some cheese...hang on, anything else? Um, no, okay I'll close the door. If her door isn't open during the interviews then I think that proves she really isn't preparing any food item.

I caught a commercial last night on the Blue Pages of the phone book as a place to find legal help. The commercial listed off some situations where you may need legal help. The screen graphic showed "BUI" but the announcer said "Boating while intoxicated" and I thought perhaps the waffles had interfered with my hearing. That wasn't the case though as the next graphic was "SUI" and the announcer said "Sledding while intoxicated." Are we replacing u's with w's? I think there may have been some editing while intoxicated during production.

I have a kind-of-sports question. Let's say that there are four people competing and at the end, there's a first place, a second place and then the last two people tie. Do they tie for 3rd or 4th place? When I was in high school, I tied another girl on vault (I mean that we both received the same score for our performance on vault) and I thought it was going to be 4th place but the judges said we were tied for 5th and then skipped over a 4th place and went on to 3rd place. On Dancing With The Stars, there were 5 couples left with two of them tying and the score board said they were tied for fourth, why weren't they tied for 5th? Just because it's a reality show, I don't think they should be able to just change the rules of tie-dom.

You know what added insult to injury? Not only was there not a type of element associated with my 5th/4th tie, there was only one medal so we flipped and the other girl won. Then my coach bought me a medal so I'd have one too and had it engraved with 6th place!!! I covered it with a piece of masking tape and wrote "5th" over the "6th". I could have written"4th" but I figured the rules of tie-dom were finite and unyielding.

No comments: