Monday, November 17, 2008

My Nails Are Now Red

Well, there's another weekend come and gone. I ended up spending a fair amount napping due to the double whammy of Nyquil and Dayquil. I felt something coming on Friday and decided to nip it in the bud. I was so sluggish that I think I would have rather walked around with a sore throat. We're all infecting each other right now anyway so don't give me that 'contagious' crap.

Saturday night I went out to the Beirut Restaurant in West St. Paul and holy crap is that place fun. Really good food mixed with really good Middle Eastern music and dancing and people end up staying from 8:00pm - 2am. Reservations are required otherwise you have to stand outside with your face pressed up against the window. It's not a big place.

I enjoyed a nice show at Improv A Go Go afterwhich I got a phone message from my mom saying that dad had another stroke and is in the hospital. She's hoping he stays there for three days so she can get him into a rehab/nursing home facility again and have the tab go to Medicare. Medicare owes her. They wrote a letter dated last November, which didn't arrive until April, saying that dad didn't have the three-day hospital stay required for his last trip to Edina Healthcare. He did but she missed the period to appeal because you only have ninety days to do so or some such thing. Mom started down the long path of trying to show people the discrepancy in correspondence dates and that he did stay in the hospital for three days anyway but got no where with the insurance companies, Edina Healthcare and Amy Klobuchar's office who first told her they would help, did nothing, then said "Oh, we don't really handle things like that". I've gotten off topic. Hopefully he'll be tossed in a facility and this will be a good holiday season.

After not being able to fall asleep right away, I finally started to drift off sometime around midnight when I suddenly noticed bright lights shining through my front door accompanied by knocks and the door bell. This shot me up out of bed to find Minneapolis' finest at my door. My first thought was that there was something going on with the burned out house next door but it turned out to be a wrong address. They were given my address my a security company saying an elderly lady needed assistance. I wasn't her. It's a little unsettling knowing that someone's assistance was delayed because of a possible transposed number. After my heart stopped racing, I fell asleep around 2am. I'm now sleepy. By the way, police flashlights are like spotlights. They lit up my whole living room from just one little hand-held metal tube.

This could be an interesting week.

No comments: