Thursday, November 6, 2008

Alright, if you say so...

Boy, I hope the majority of Americans are right. I really do. I've been witnessing massive outbreaks of joy and happiness around me along with the "status updates" indicating so but I can't seem to share that feeling. I remember it though. I felt like that the first time I could vote in 1992 when I voted for Clinton and was uber excited for all of this "change". Since then, it's been 16 years of presidential disappointment. Within those 16 years, I've also experienced disappointment with us regular Joe's too.

I think I put too much faith in others. I build them up too much so that when they lie or deceive, I take it really hard. Failure is fine, people fail all the time which doesn't mean they're inherently bad, it just means that their actions aren't working out. Lying is different. Lying is an intention to deceive, it's betrayal, it's a very bad thing to do to someone. I try not to believe in things or people anymore, I think it's more realistic to look mainly at the facts and form your opinions from there. If you believe in someone and they end up doing the exact opposite of what they told you they would do and worse yet, purposely deceive you, it can be pretty painful. You wouldn't have to go through that pain if you didn't believe in them in the first place.

Obama has made the claim that he will always be honest about the challenges we face and that if I don't currently support him, he'll try to earn my support. Great, I hope you do. Now that you've said you'll be honest, you damn well better be. One thing I was glad to see is that he didn't mention anything about Joe the fucking Plumber.

No comments: