Thursday, September 11, 2008

MacBuck

I've finally managed to get the car into the shop this morning. I'm armed with a credit card and ready to pay it off over the next ten years. Maybe I'm exaggerating. I got a $25 coupon in the mail from the very same Car-X I went to this morning which I intend to march in and slam down on the counter when I pick up the jalopy this evening. A $25 coupon - HA - take that!

I was lulled into another episode of America's Next Top Model last night and it's because of the currently-a-man-soon-to-become-a-woman contestant. I'm really rooting for her. She has a great face. Tyra has taken to standing in obviously uncomfortable poses in an effort to make herself appear smaller than she really is. During the first season of the show when Janice Dickenson was on, her and Tyra got into it over current body size trends with Tyra raging on about how women need to be bigger and should not be ashamed, all that nice warm cuddly stuff. Why is she hiding her big body now? HUH!???!!! Hypocrite.

After an hour's dose of judging other people, I popped the 2006 Australian version of Macbeth in. It's set in modern times but sticks to the Shakespearean text. It took awhile for me to warm up to it because of the modern setting clashing with the dialogue. It doesn't fit. After the first twenty minutes, I got used to it. It was an interesting concept but ended up reminding me too much of Scarface. More like Bono playing Tony Montana in Scarface.

During construction of these prose, I have just been informed that my water pump is leaking and will have to be replaced which will bring the daily total to $600. This does not make me happy. I will now go and growl my way through my day until I pick my car up, smile pretty to make sure I get the keys back, and then growl all the way home.

No comments: