Wednesday, September 24, 2008

I Feel Pretty, Oh So Pretty

Only five more days and I'll start to feel like a girl again. I love fest but.....until I get decent shoes that cover my feet, I'm not able to paint my toe nails and I LOVE painting my toe nails. I also need to properly attend to my fingernails which is a waste of time during my beloved fest because they just break...and I can't paint them.

This feeling has intensified because of last night's dance class. We played with makeup. We played with makeup for 90 minutes. I discovered that I get to go buy makeup because I don't have anything dark enough for the stage. More girlie stuff. I love fest but...with my character, the heat, and what I physically do out there, it doesn't make any sense to wear makeup because it'll just melt off. Next to the pretty belly dancers and court ladies I feel like a moose lumbering through a china shop. As long as I'm a funny, entertaining moose lumbering through a china shop then everything is okay.

Some good timing could finally be coming my way. Just as fest is ending, Lund's is hiring. This is good because I need money and if I can get paid and possibly get a food discount at the same time, I can try to get myself out of the large group of people who spend over 30% of their income on housing costs.

One way of cutting expenses was to eliminate cable which was done years ago and is not missed. In fact, I may ditch my TV entirely because all I get out of it now are ridiculous campaign commercials. They are already annoying me to no end and it's only the end of September. I have a whole other month to get through. Netflix will have to come to the rescue.

I'm going to go wrestle with the online application process. Wish me luck.

No comments: