Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Flannel is my friend

Don't shoot me but I'm excited for winter to get here. I love snow. I love transforming my bed into a nest of flannel sheets and blankets with Delta Force Cat snuggled into the backs of my knees. I usually don't sleep well during the summer. There's too much going on. Either it's cool enough to have the window open allowing all of the night time noises to keep me on guard or it's hot enough to have the air on and then I'm aware of the muffled night time noises to keep me on guard. During the winter, it's too cold to do anything outside at night so I can completely relax.

I have no meetings today nor do I have to run across campus to work out of a different office so I fully intend to not answer my phone or most emails and actually get some work done. This thought makes me happy. Thank goodness someone invented a little button on the phone so that you can turn the ringer off. It's the little things that can make a big difference.

In case you haven't gotten to the paper yet this morning, I can report that Norm Coleman beat out Jack Shepard in yesterday's primary. Jack did manage to get 12, 430 votes out of the total 142,817. I wonder if those 12, 430 people realize he's on the lam living in Italy to escape an arson charge in Minneapolis or if they just wanted anyone but Norm to win. See, here's where it's extremely important to research who your voting for.

Enough inane chit chat for this morning, I'm off to start my day of non-communication.

No comments: