Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Leeann Chumps

I officially hate Leeann Chins. Their portions of the actual meat that you order is getting smaller and they're replacing it with rice but if you choose fried rice you pay extra because it's considered an upsale so you're paying more for less. While you're digging for cash or a credit card (because they won't take my check, fuckers) they'll try to get you to buy their frozen yogurt too and if you say no, they shake their heads in disappointment. From now on, I'm making my own breaded chicken pieces and smothering it in rice vinegar and brown sugar.

I remember the good old days when a tray of Leeann Chin's would give you at least two meals. I worked with a guy at the Ramada Plaza Minnetonka (which is now the Sheraton) who would bring it in all the time and feed several of us at once. It only lasted a short while because he eventually called in one day after missing a day of work to tell us that he was in a Buddhist temple in Miami after a blond woman he had met at the bar drugged him and drove him down there. To this day, that is the most creative excuse for missing work that I have heard. He was Asian and I still wonder if he used that excuse thinking that we would believe an Asian was kidnapped and thrown into a Buddhist temple in Miami instead of believing a man simply didn't want to come to work anymore.

I've started crafting my to-do list to tackle after fest. It looks very similar to the list I had in the beginning of the summer and the list I had last fall and the list I had when I moved in. How does that happen? Why does nothing ever stay done? It could have something to do with the fact that I keep wanting to change things. I get bored if things stay in the same place for too long. Once you move something, it starts a domino effect because then something else has to move and then you find something you have to fix and pretty soon you're scouring the oops shelf of paint at Home Depot. If you don't know about this shelf, I highly recommend it. I painted my house and some rooms a couple of times with paint from this shelf. Five bucks for a gallon of paint. Can't beat it. Well, you could try stealing it but then you'll have that shoplifting charge hanging over your head preventing you from getting that job with the FBI.

I'm going to go and try to earn some money so I don't have to steal things.

1 comment:

Ryan said...

I've been meaning to replace a stair. I need to do that so I can paint. ...and then I can install the new trim boards. ...so that I can move on to some kitchen work.

It's only been two years for me though.