Monday, June 2, 2008

Summer, woo hoo!

Here it is, June. I consider this to be the start of summer. I don't care about when the planets line up or the sun is in the 5th house of my moon sign, June is summer. May is spring and June is summer. It's too bad we didn't have a spring but you can't have everything.

Instead of mowing, I clipped all the dandelions which never get cut when I mow because they just lay over and then pop right back up again. My mower is set too low to mow anyway but clipping the dandelions got rid of the overgrown look.

I also actually laid in the sun for 30 minutes yesterday. I don't know what possessed me to do that. It did help to relax me though. It's even made me hopeful. The fight scene is all mapped, blocked, whatever the term is, the wine show is going to rock, my climbing rose is still nice and healthy and maybe he'll change his mind. Really, I think he should; I'm a cool person once you get to know me. And I can do the splits. Anyhoo...

I skipped the parade on Sunday because I stayed up to watch the Stevie Ray Vaughan doc on PBS. Holy smokes, Riviera Paradise could almost be used in place of anesthesia, it's that soothing. Boy, sometimes I say the strangest things.

When I was about 3, my family would camp in this tiny 16' trailer. My brother and I would sleep up in the bunk bed that had a little ladder that also served as a barricade to keep things and people from rolling out. Well, it didn't work on me and one night I rolled right out between the rungs and fell 3', cracking my skull into the straight edge of the counter top and then tumbling the rest of the way to the floor. My parents were shocked into paralysis expecting the worst but all I did (or so I'm told) was to sit up and look around like "What am I doing down here?" I didn't cry or anything. That one incident may explain a boatload about my current behaviour. Or at least I could try and pin it on that.

I've had a baby bunny living under my deck this spring and up until now I've been thinking about how good Hassenphefer may taste. Sunday afternoon as I was sitting on my deck, the little furry guy came out and hopped around only a few feet away from me. He has tiny little ears and cute little front paws that he tucks in when he sits back on his hind legs. Oh my god, what's going on with me? Am I losing my ferocious edge? Could this tough facade be crumbling all due to a cute, adorable, fluffy, little vegetarian? The one with the cute little nose that wiggles as he looks into my kitchen? Oh my, quickly, I've got to watch a Dirty Harry movie or something. Shh, don't tell anyone about this.

No comments: