Friday, June 20, 2008

Hey Bunny, Stop Your Pounding!

Did anyone see those clouds last night? They were red. It was from 9:30 - 10:00pm when there were some stratoculumus clouds (low, puffy, round, dark-grayish, I picked the right term didn't I?) rolling in and they had a red glow to them. I know this because I was outside monitoring for bat activity. The previous night I was out testing my new umbrella's solar lights when a bat went squeaking over my head. I wanted to make sure it didn't come out of my house so I did bat patrol last night looking for anything flying out of my roof around dusk. I'm happy to report that nothing was reported.

My cute little bunny rabbits living under my deck aren't so damn cute anymore. They're making flattened circular areas in my lawn which is causing the grass to die. This is the most ridiculous looking activity, but rabbits will pound the ground with their butts in a circular pattern to mark their territory. They do it in the winter on snow also. I suppose they feel that because they're so cute they can get away with anything. Not the case with me, I'm a cold-hearted bitch. I'm putting screening up along the deck to keep them out. They've got at least three more months of nice weather to find a new abode. Get the hell out of my yard and take your urine with you.

Eight days from now I'll be sitting in some room with someone who is reported to be pretty good at teaching this whole improv thing. I'm surprised to find myself jazzed about this at this point. I predict that by 11:30am next Saturday, I will be so fucking scared that I won't have any saliva in my mouth. It appears that the Charna Halpern Beginning Improv workshop at TCIF still has spots, so come on down and watch me freak out, then stay for some shows.

Well, I'm off like a prom dress. Have a good weekend.

No comments: