Friday, June 6, 2008

Help Me Because I'm Helpless

I've heard from a few people that Al Franken is a jerk. Okay, but keep in mind that there are lots of jerks out there and many of them can do their jobs very well so that's not a reason vote against him. A brainstorming/writing session occurring in 1995 for Saturday Night Live where the word "rape" was used by him is also not a reason to vote against him. I would love to be able to state a strong opinion on the two articles only I CAN'T FIND THEM!!! I've been searching the internets for a short while here and am not having any luck, so if anyone has a link to them, could you please pass it on? If the Republican party is so certain that these two articles would prove Franken's inability to lead, then why are they not making them readily available? Why not canvas the neighborhoods and stick them under the windshield wipers of every car on every street?

The Republican Party of MN has posted a letter from Ron Carey to all DFLers of Minnesota. They appear to be so incredibly offended by the material in Playboy and if so, then why have they not tried to tear this behemoth of degradation against women, which has been in print since 1953(?), to the ground? If they did that though, what will they read on the plane?

I always chuckle when the Playboy article reference includes a statement like "he engages in oral sex, as well as sex with a robot" This is a nice moment to bring up a plug for the BNW's 50th anniversary show where you will be able to judge for yourself just how funny rape and a robot can be. Since a third of the BNW cast participating in this skit is out of the state this weekend, perhaps they should remain on the lam until this all cools down. You never know how the women of Minnesota are going to react. Since we clearly can't decipher a man writing a satirical piece from a man who wants to rape women, then we are probably also to stupid to know how to form our rage into words. Thank goodness Ron Carey was able to dictate that for us. I also didn't know that I'm expecting an apology from Franken, so again, thanks Ron Carey for reminding me.

Okay, now that I'm nice and wound up about that, I should shift my thoughts to this weekend and the fact that I'm making another attempt at kayaking tomorrow. After all of this rain, the water levels should be nice and high. I really need the exercise since fight practice was canceled last night (not a good idea to wield metal when there's lightning about) and I haven't walked to work lately. Sure, I could have done a few calisthenics in my living room last night but why do that when I can cuddle up on the couch and watch Stevie Ray Vaughan's live performances on Austin City Limits? That was awesome.

Okay, time to check in with the Republicans to see if I'm tying my shoes correctly. Oh wait, my shoes don't have shoe laces. Whew! Dodged a bullet there.

No comments: