Monday, June 9, 2008

Roma does not have Salmonella

I finally did it. I finally got out on water with a water vessel and rowed until both sides of my neck started to pinch and I could barely move my wrists. I started out at 7am and landed again at 3:45pm. The water level is nice and high which means I don't have to get out and portage over any sandbars but it does make paddling upstream much more difficult. The water was very calm but it didn't make up for the monstrous current. In case you're wondering, the water is still pretty frickin' cold for swimming. I passed one couple on a pontoon who had jumped into the water and then said "Okay, we've been swimming. Now let's get the hell back on the boat". It's cold.


When I got home later that evening, I conked out on the couch as Finding Nemo was starting and didn't wake up until 9:24pm upon which I hoisted myself up off of the couch and into bed where I remained until 8:00am the next day.


I still managed to be unusually productive on Sunday. My body pains were gone thanks to Advil so I cleaned my entire house like a madwoman, including laundry, and even mowed both lawns complete with raking and sweeping. Yeah, I know, I like I said I don't know what happened either. It'd be nice if this could keep up for a few more days so I could get my garage cleaned.


Today I have to go into the dentist to have a cavity replaced. The last dentist that did it left a ridge on the bottom near the gum line which has caused increased bone loss. Since I'd like to keep my teeth AND gums AND jaw line as long as possible, I'm having the cavity replaced to get a nice smoooooooth edge.


This week is shaping up nicely with lots of practice with lots of different things and let's not forget that the Presidential race is now starting in earnest. Oooooooooooh. I would really love to see Nader take part in any type of debate or town meeting. He's a very good speaker. He's not all that charismatic or even motivational but you will come away with a shitload of more information than you could ever possibly use in your lifetime. That's what I love about him. He can talk for hours (and often does) about any topic and spit fact after fact out at you until your dizzy, which in it's own way is motivational....at least to me.


My climbing rose has it's first bloom...and here's me without any film! It's beautiful. *insert clapping like a seal here*

3 comments:

Ryan said...

Film? What's film?

Peggy Larson said...

From what I remember, it's this long, slender plastic-like material which captures images in time using voodoo.

Ryan said...

Oh yes, yes I remember it.

I use these little plastic squares now. I take them out of the camera while boiling rat intestines and chanting "please be in focus, please be in focus"!