Thursday, December 4, 2008

Ugh

Boy, some days crap gets to me way more than on other days.

I know someone who's cheated on his wife and his wife doesn't know about it....yet (she will because they always do, ALWAYS). When I point out what a dog he is, he comes back with "You're a prude" as if that'll explain and justify all actions. My anger has nothing to do with sex, believe me, I'm all for it. It's the fact that he knows it'll hurt his wife but he did it anyway. You want to have sex with someone else? Fine, tell your wife that - "Honey, I want to jack-off every ten minutes and you're not around every ten minutes so whadda 'ya say to me having sex with other people?" She may totally go for the idea because she may not want to be around you every ten minutes. Don't hand me the line of how you need to have sex either. No one needs to. Humans need to inhale a combination of oxygen, nitrogen, and water vapor and then consume nutrients and pay their taxes, not necessarily in that order. That's all. Everything else is a want.

Are you really willing to lose the environment you have now; the one with the nice house you've worked hard to buy, the kids you've raised, the relationship you've built with someone whose face you can look into without flinching and find peace and reassurance there? You're willing to throw all of that away for a ten-second orgasm? You know it only lasts ten seconds! Admit it!!

Maybe I shouldn't have had that conversation on a day where the lazy-ass co-worker who doesn't pull his weight is really not pulling his weight; and I'm greeted in the morning with a news story about how punks break into someone's home, beating the hell out of them and stealing their things because they somehow think they're entitled to act like that; and people aren't trying to make me find ways of giving even more money to someone whose had everything paid for him up until this point and now has a major company asking him to work for them but gosh, he may have to pay his own health insurance for a few months...maybe all of these things shouldn't have converged on one day along with the fact that I have access to a keyboard and internet screen where I can lay it all out for you.

That last paragraph made me a little dizzy.

After all of this rage, that one stupid thought keeps coming back to me - you can't force someone else to do something. Things just happen the way they happen and in the meantime, I better check myself to make sure I'm in line with what I'm saying. I know no one's perfect but you have to at least try. Okay, you don't have to be perfect but how about not purposely hurting someone? How about that?

No comments: