Monday, December 15, 2008

Hot Tub Anyone?

I'm here, I made it, I'm actually sweating. I walk to work for a number of reasons; it's cheap, it's about the same amount of time after you factor in car-warming and parking-space-finding, I'm saving the environment *snicker/snort*, I get all my exercise in and don't have to pay extra for a gym membership, I get to look into the windows of rich people's houses along the river road and the last goofy reason is that it makes coming inside all the more rewarding on days like this. Since I figured I would really think it was cold by going from 35 degrees above zero to 2500 degrees below zero, I put on four pairs of pants, four shirts, two pairs of socks and two scarves before heading out this morning. I wasn't even cold for a second. My hands started to sweat about fifteen minutes into the walk. I have my mittens turned inside out so they dry before I have to go home. Seriously, walking or doing anything else outside in cold weather isn't that bad. Your body heat kicks in after about 5 - 10 minutes and you warm up nicely.

Today is the first day of the new reign for the Finance Director. Since we don't have any money, you'd think his job would be really easy. On the contrary, he's going to be shoved head first into this venti cup of crazy that I predict will have him mumbling incoherently to himself in a matter of months, maybe weeks. It's too bad he's bald, he has nothing to pull out.

This is it, the last week to get any serious work done until January. I have my list made and my piles organized. I'm determined to not get too derailed by others' requests. I'm so thankful that I have my own office. I can not answer the phone if I want and no one really knows. Everything should be okay as long as I don't get too preoccupied with blogging.

No comments: