Friday, December 19, 2008

And That's A Wrap

It's finally here, the weekend. I was determined to get through a ton of work so I could spend next work week (which consists of two days) filing crap and getting things in order that need to be in order for that unsuspecting audit visit that could happen at any time. I've almost succeeded. I'm going to say that I have a 95% success rate. That's not bad considering that when I dove into one problem, it produced five more problems to solve before the original problem could be solved but by the time I got those five new problems solved, I forgot what the first problem was.

How about that senate race? At least it's exciting. I would consider it a waste if all throughout the process, the same guy was in the lead.

How about that new credit card ruling on deceitful charges and unfair raising of interest rates? It sounds great except that it won't take affect until 2010 and from now until then, the credit card companies are going to screw us every which way but loose to make up for anything they might start losing in July 2010. Anyone with a lot of credit card debt is fucked...that would be me.

How about that D-con commercial that's been altered? There has been a D-con commercial featuring what appears to be an exterminator stating how he "sees this all the time" and then there's a cut to a kitchen cupboard where a little girl is reaching up to the top shelf which she can't see but the audience can see has spilt cereal and several roaches in among the corn flakes. The new altered version, viewed for the first time last night, has the roaches removed from the corn flakes so all you see is a messy shelf. Why would D-con agree to that? Before the commercial was saying that there are roaches only centimeters away from your children's fingers so you better get our product. Now it's saying that D-con will clean up spilt cereal and that just doesn't make any sense.

How about that Bernie Madoff? What a fucker.

I believe I'll close on that note.

No comments: