Friday, December 5, 2008

Can I Go Now?

AAAAAAACK! It's a little cold out. I hate that itching sensation that occurs as your skin thaws. I almost wish I could peel my skin off and toss it in the dryer for a little while. Fluff it up a bit.

I missed the college holiday gathering yesterday. Instead, my mom took me out to Groth Music in Bloomington and bought me...get a load of this...an oboe. That's right. I played one when I was a kid all the way through high school but I never owned my own so when I was out of the Mpls Public School system, I was out of an oboe too. In case you haven't heard, Groth Music is having a markdown sale where every couple of days, the prices drop until Dec 31st when most things will be listed for $1. There's probably a decent chance that we could have waited another week or so since oboe's aren't all that popular, but once I saw it and played it, I wanted it right away. It was already half-priced and for a Larilee made in 2000 with grenadilla wood, it's an excellent deal. Since I haven't played in nearly 20 years, it took a moment (okay, several minutes) for me to be able to get a nice sound out of it and remember that using the diaphragm is very important. It's a good replacement for crunches. I can't wait to play it at home and scare the crap out of The Cat.

I'm very jazzed about this weekend. Dahlal Int'l, a belly dance costuming company, will be at Jawaahir on Saturday morning where I will hopefully be able to buy a shirt before the hafla Saturday evening and then race out to a party where I'll get to see people I miss terribly and have funfunfunfunfunfunfun....and then veg out on Sunday. How awesome is that?

Before I can get to that I have to get through the rest of the crap on my desk though. I'm armed with coffee, it should be relatively painless.

No comments: