Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Good Day, Sunshine

Oh sunny day.  Well, warmer day anyway.  For a few moments this afternoon, it honestly felt noticeably warmer.  I mean warmer like I had visions of lawns and lakes and jazz floating through my head. 



The other thing that was nice about today was taking a class from my former teacher again.  That brought back memories of when I always tried to do my best in class, as if I was performing right then and there.  By coincidence, after class I read a quote online from someone insisting on calling himself Jim Norton who stated (to paraphrase) life is not a rehearsal.  We shouldn't just kind of call-it-in for a while always thinking that at some point in the future we’ll put this rehearsal to use.  It’s all really right now and every chance you get to do any activity that pleases you, you should do it.  I would add to that to not only do it, but do it to the best of your ability.  That’s something I didn't do during my last official performance and I feel bad about wasting people’s time.  They could have done something else with that 4 minutes but they chose to spend it watching me and I didn't give them the best I could do. 


Right now, I can only think of the Skinny Cow mint ice cream sandwich in my freezer.  I’m going to go eat it to the best of my ability.

No comments: