Friday, May 11, 2012

I don't think I'm allowed back.

No one told me that I had to look down while walking from room to room INSIDE the house. I’m the youngest in the family so I’m not used to babies being given free range to just waddle from place to place without a bell on. It didn’t make any noise so how was I supposed to know it was sitting in the doorway from the kitchen to the living room, occupying the very spot of where I was and where I wanted to go? I didn’t mean to kick it in the face. I have to say though, it was like kicking a bag of flour except it came with a sickening feeling in my stomach because while I wasn’t sure what was on the floor I was sure that it wasn’t a bag of flour.

Amazing how all activity stopped and focused on me and the floor in front of me. It sure did start to cry then. Oh sure! Make all of the noise now AFTER I’ve hit you! You could have let out a little “goo” or something only 20 seconds earlier and you wouldn’t be feeling that stinging sensation in the middle of your face.

But it was bendy still, right? Most likely there wouldn’t be any damage like a cleft palate or an upturned nose. The teeth should still have all come in at a normal pace and in the normal spots. If I remember correctly, it was a boy and boys punch each other all the time so he should thank me today if he has the ability to really take a punch. And by the way, aren’t they supposed to be enshrined in some type of wheeled device with a little pouch thing to sit in? Wasn’t someone, like a close relative, supposed to be watching it?? Someone else was slacking off but I got the dirty looks.

And who puts a doorbell in the middle of a door?? It looked like a decoration, not an actual working part. Putting the doorbell in the middle of the door wouldn’t make any sense because you would have to open the screen door to get to it and you’re really not supposed to touch the door until someone comes to it after you’ve RUNG THE BELL LOCATED ON THE SIDE OF THE DOOR. So when I touched it, I was very surprised to hear a loud DING DONG which of course set off the two large dogs barking and woke up the dad who had just gotten home from the third shift.

Worst sleep over of my life. I wonder if Kari was allowed to have any more sleep overs after I left?

3 comments:

ajesterincognito said...

Please write some more...i really do miss your wit...you have a gift...stop keeping it to yourself damn you all to hell!...lol, about that last part...not the first!

ajesterincognito said...

One question....why did your father miss your high school graduation?? :(

Peggy Larson said...

He chose not to go. I don't know why, he just didn't go. He stayed home.