Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Please keep all screws with their appropriate nuts

The first rule of disassembly is to have a plan; the second rule is to keep all screws, nuts, and bolts with their respective parts and label them but don't use a felt tip marker; the third rule is to always remember the last part of the second rule; and the fourth rule is don't tell anyone about Disassembly Club. I apologize for this last rule. After typing it, I am now officially sick of seeing "don't tell anyone about fill-in-the-blank Club" inserted at the end of something to make it seem funny. You have witnessed the end of an era...for me.

I have no idea why I suddenly want to tackle this resoration project so much, it's not as if I don't already have enough to do. I imagine a therapist would tell me that there's something lacking in my life so I'm always trying to fill it with whatever comes along. Possibly, but I haven't jumped on the burlesque band wagon yet; I'm still firmly seated in the traditional belly dancing band wagon although I haven't peformed for a long time. Something always comes up that causes me to cancel. At least something always comes up where I would feel guilty if I didn't do/take care of that something and performed instead. That and I'm still scared of social situations. I'm willing to bet that most people who know me do not realize how difficult it is for me to go out in public sometimes. I mean in a social setting like to a bar or someone's back yard.

It's a combination of suddenly becoming uber self-conscious and honestly wanting to stay home in my cozy living room on my comfy couch where there is no stress or tension and I can watch whatever I want on TV. I've waited a long time to find a room like that and sometimes I just don't want to leave it.

That's why I love winter...no one really expects you to clean off your car and drive through all that snow to go anywhere. Only 183 days until winter!

No comments: